Table of contents
In this article you can find out about:
- What are the widgets and what is their purpose?
- How to create a widget on your smartphone?
What is a widget?
Widgets are a functionality of FIBARO mobile apps (Android & iOS). Widgets allow for easy and quick access to the scenes of your FIBARO Home Center via the main screen of your smartphone. Through this solution, you can run a scene from the home screen with just one touch of your finger.
Widgets on an iPhone or iPad
- FIBARO System with configured scenes
- iPhone or iPad (iOS 9.0 or newer)
Creating a new widget
- Go to the Today View, scroll to the bottom, and tap Edit.
- Add Fibaro Heating, Fibaro Scenes, or both widgets. To add a widget, tap . To remove a widget, tap .
- If you have added them for the first time, you may need to grant necessary privileges. Tapping on the widget will take you to the Privacy settings section in our FIBARO app.
- Activate Use Widgets, and confirm it by tapping OK.
- Once you grant privileges and activate widgets, they will be active, but you still have to choose which scenes are to be included in the Fibaro Scenes widget. In the FIBARO app, in the Settings menu, tap Configure in the Widget settings section.
- Once set, you are ready to go, your widgets should now be visible on the Today View.
- You can now run scenes (using Fibaro Scenes widget) or you can change your heating settings (using Fibaro Heating widget).
- The Fibaro Heating widget works automatically by showing your heating zones from the Home Center controller.
- During the startup of the scene, you cannot start another scene.
- Widgets may be also configured through the application. To do so, launch the app, go to the Settings and tap Configure to select scenes for the widget.
- There is no possibility to add the scene protected by the PIN code.
- Using Remote Access to run widgets may require to restart the app.
- iOS app allows for adding up to 4 different scenes to the Today View.
- You can also view the Scenes widget by 3D Touching the FIBARO icon on your home screen.