Table of contents
In this article you can find out about:
- What are the widgets and what is their purpose?
- How to create a widget on your smartphone?
What is a widget?
Widgets are a functionality of FIBARO mobile apps (Android & iOS). Widgets allow for easy and quick access to the scenes of your FIBARO Home Center via the main screen of your smartphone. Through this solution, you can run the scene from the home screen with just one touch of your finger.
Widgets on a smartphone with Android
- FIBARO System with configured scenes (Block or Lua)
- Smartphone running Android (version 6.0 or newer)
Creating a new widget
To add a new widget on your Home Screen you have to allow your app to use widgets. In the FIBARO app, go to Settings, then in the Privacy settings section toggle Use widgets.
- Launch FIBARO mobile application.
- Log in to FIBARO Home Center.
- Open the home screen of your smartphone.
Press and hold on the home screen you want to place the scene widget on. Depending on your device, you may need to tap Apps and Widgets, or similar option. Then click Widgets.
- Click on the Fibaro widget.
- Select Scene, Room, Heating Zone or a device you want to add, then drag it to the home screen. Free space on the home screen is required to successfully add a new widget.
- Select one of the listed Scenes, Devices, Heating Zones or Rooms.
- In case of error message go back to the first point.
- Run the scenes widget by tapping its icon (correct triggering will be confirmed with a message). Manual how to use Heating Zone widget in an example.
Click SET to manage your Heating Zone.
Choose Temperature and Time you want and click SAVE.
Using added widgets
Dimmer – with this widget you can turn your Dimmer ON/OFF and change the intensity of light.
Heating Zone – With this widget you can change the temperature and time of heating for your Heating Zone.
Roller – With this widget you can open or close your shutters.
Room – with this widget you can manage simple actions for devices placed in the selected room. For example turn the lights on/off or open/close shutters.
Scene – with this widget you can start a scene you made before.
Sensor – with this widget you can check the parameters of your sensor, for example, temperature.
Switch – with this widget you can switch your device (for example wall plug) on/off.
Thermostat – with this widget you can change the temperature and time of heating for your Heat Controller.
- You can add the widgets on as many different home screens as you wish.
- Some of the widgets may be resized to meet the user’s needs.
- You can change the size of some widgets.
- Using Remote Access to run widgets may require to restart the app.
- There is no possibility to add the widget for Magic scene or for scene protected by the PIN code.