It is very important to keep your accessory’s software up-to-date.
In this article you’ll learn how to go through the update process to fully take advantage of and enjoy your devices.
- Apple iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or later,
- FIBARO for HomeKit Connected Devices app,
- FIBARO HomeKit-enabled accessories
The battery of the accessory should be at least half charged to successfully perform the firmware update.
During the update procedure your accessory should be no further than 2 meter from the iOS device to ensure stable communication.
- Run FIBARO for HomeKit app and tap the accessory you want to update.
- Tap the gear icon to go to the accessory details.
- Find Accessory info and tap it.
- Choose the Firmware option and tap Update available.
- Tap Changelog to see the list of changes introduced in this update, and then go back.
- Tap the START UPDATE button.
- The installation may take a few minutes. Wait utill the installation is complete.
- Turn Bluetooth off and then back on to establish a connection with the accessory (this notification may not appear – in such case, it is not necessary).
- The update is done and the accessory is ready to use! New firmware version should displayed.
If something went wrong and the update procedure could not be completed, your accessory may enter recovery mode (indicated by blinking LED).
Follow the steps below to resolve the problem:
- Close the FIBARO for HomeKit app.
- Make sure your accessory is still blinking, indicating the recovery mode is active. If not, remove the battery and insert it again.
- Launch FIBARO for HomeKit app again.
- The pop-up window should open. Tap Yes when asked if you would like to recover.
- Wait until the update is completed.