Note: Quick App code encryption is available with gateway firmware version 5.113 or higher.
Encryption is used to keep your data confidential. The file or transmitted data is distorted so that only the appropriate users with the secret key can reconstruct the original text.
With code encryption, you will be able to share your solutions without giving access to the source code to other users.
The interface allows the Quick App to be encrypted in two ways:
- Encrypted – your file will be downloaded as Encrypted, no one will be able to see or edit it.
- Encrypted and restricted for specific serial numbers – your file will be downloaded as Encrypted and restricted for specific serial numbers, no one will be able to see or edit it. In addition, the file will only be able to be opened on the designated gateways. Just enter the serial numbers of the gateway.
Downloading the encrypted Quick App file
- Open the Configuration Interface.
- Go to > Devices.
- Select Quick App from the list and expand the tab.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Download.
- Select protection type.
- Now you can share your QuickApp without worrying about tampering with your file.
Uploading an encrypted file
To upload an encrypted Quick App, follow the same steps as for an open source Quick App’s file Quick Apps
Once the Quick App has been uploaded, the ability to edit the code and download the file will be blocked.