Table of contents
Have you ever walked at night to the bathroom and felt temporary disorientation? Using FIBARO devices and HomeKit automation you can place a sensor near the bed which will turn on the lights every time you decide to get up at night. As a result, lights will turn on when the movement is detected.
- iPhone or iPad,
- Home hub (Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad),
- FIBARO Motion Sensor (FGBHMS-001),
- FIBARO Single Switch (FGBHS-213) or any other HomeKit-enabled lighting.
- FIBARO Wall Plug (FGBWHWPEF-102) or any other HomeKit-enabled lighting.
- Open the Fibaro for HomeKit app and tap Scenes. To create a new automation, tap the plus symbol in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Automation and then Devices to choose the triggering device.
- Tap Motion Sensor to set it as a triggering device.
- Select Move detection, Specific change, and set it to Yes. Tap Next to continue.
- Since it is an automation which we want to work only at night, select Time of Day option and set it to At night. Tap Next to continue.
- To set actions you need to tap Create New Scene and select devices for the scene.
- Select Wall Plug and set Power State to . Similarly for the Single Switch, check Power State and set it to .
- Finish the scene by tapping Next. Verify the scene summary and tap Next again.
- Name the scene and tap Save. Select the newly created scene by tapping its name. Continue to the automation and tap Next.
- Verify the summary of the whole automation and tap Next. Choose the name for your new automation and tap Save.
- You can see your newly created automation under the AUTOMATIONS bar. Its subtitle includes the number of devices and scenes which are involved in this automation.
March 23, 2018 6411 Use Cases
Total 5 Votes: