Have you ever walked at night to the bathroom and felt temporary disorientation? Using FIBARO devices and HomeKit automation you can place a sensor near the bed which will turn on the lights every time you decide to get up at night. As a result, lights will turn on when the movement is detected.
- iPhone or iPad,
- Home hub (Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad),
- FIBARO Motion Sensor (FGBHMS-001),
- FIBARO Single Switch (FGBHS-213) or any other HomeKit-enabled lighting.
- FIBARO Wall Plug (FGBWHWPEF-102) or any other HomeKit-enabled lighting.
- Open the Fibaro for HomeKit app and tap Scenes. To create a new automation, tap the plus symbol in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Automation and then Devices to choose the triggering device.
- Tap Motion Sensor to set it as a triggering device.
- Select Move detection, Specific change, and set it to Yes. Tap Next to continue.
- Since it is an automation which we want to work only at night, select Time of Day option and set it to At night. Tap Next to continue.
- To set actions you need to tap Create New Scene and select devices for the scene.
- Select Wall Plug and set Power State to . Similarly for the Single Switch, check Power State and set it to .
- Finish the scene by tapping Next. Verify the scene summary and tap Next again.
- Name the scene and tap Save. Select the newly created scene by tapping its name. Continue to the automation and tap Next.
- Verify the summary of the whole automation and tap Next. Choose the name for your new automation and tap Save.
- You can see your newly created automation under the AUTOMATIONS bar. Its subtitle includes the number of devices and scenes which are involved in this automation.