If you install the FIBARO Single Switch in your wall switch to control the lighting, you can use other HomeKit-enabled devices to control it too. For example, you can set FIBARO The Button to turn on the switch or scene which includes more devices. FIBARO The Button communicates via bluetooth so it can be placed freely, anywhere in the room within the range of your Home Hub. Utilizing HomeKit-enabled button allows to set actions which are often not possible with classical wiring.
- iOS device (iPhone, iPad),
- Home hub (Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad),
- FIBARO The Button (FGBHPB-101),
- FIBARO Single Switch (FGBHS-213) or any other HomeKit-enabled light.
- Open the Fibaro for HomeKit app. To create a new automation, tap The Button you want to use as a trigger.
- Tap 1x click (to set the automation for a single click).
- Skip the if condition if you want your button to work all the time and tap Next.
- Tap Create New Scene to create the action which will be executed after a single click.
- Tap Single Switch.
- Select Power State and set it to . Then, tap Add.
- Finish the scene by tapping Next.
- Verify the scene summary and tap Next again.
- Name the scene and tap Save.
- Select the newly created scene by tapping its name and tap Next to continue to the automation configuration.
- Verify the summary of the whole automation and tap Next.
- Choose the name for your new automation and tap Save.
- Assigned automation will appear next to the 1x click label.