- iOS device (iPhone, iPad),
- FIBARO The Button (FGBHPB-101),
- FIBARO for HomeKit app.
How to add FIBARO The Button to HomeKit
- Open the Fibaro for HomeKit app and tap plus in the top right corner.
- Tap FIBARO The Button.
- Prepare your setup code which is located on the back of the Quick Start Guide and tap ADD.
- Wait for the accessory to connect with your iOS device.
- Use camera to scan the QR code.
Accessory added should appear if the paring finished successfully.
- Select where this accessory should be assigned (to which room) by tapping the name of the room.
- Name the accessory and tap NEXT.
- Name the services it includes (or leave them with default names, you can change them later) and tap NEXT.
- Choose device color and tap NEXT.
- That’s all, you can now enjoy your FIBARO The Button.
FIBARO The Button can be used to trigger scenes or automations. If you would like to read about it, please head to the guide: HomeKit: Turn on the light with The Button which explains creating automation, step by step.
– the battery blocker is removed,
– your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on,
– your iOS device and FIBARO The Button are near,
– The Button is not added to your HomeKit already.
If you checked the issues above, please reset The Button. To reset it you need to click exactly three times, then press and hold the Button for at least 10 seconds.
Check if The Button is not added to your HomeKit. Maybe you accidentally created another Home in Apple Home app.
To be sure, please reset The Button. To reset it you need to click exactly three times, then press and hold the Button for at least 10 seconds.
It is also important to be in a closer range during the setup process.
If you bought more than one HomeKit device, make sure you scan the correct QR code. If The Button still malfunctions, please reset the device.
To reset it you need to click exactly three times, then press and hold the Button for at least 10 seconds.