Water leaks often happens in some hidden places due to the natural corrosion caused by flowing water. What is more, a stuffed sink can easily spring a leak as well. That is why, it is the FIBARO Flood Sensor placed under your kitchen sink will act immediately if there are any drips detected. You can set an automation which will cut off the water by turning off the solenoid valve. To be able to set this automation, you need to connect the FIBARO Single Switch to a solenoid valve (100-240V AC, 50/60 Hz). Only then you will be able to control it via HomeKit.
Please consider whether to use normally open or normally closed solenoid valve, as:
- normally open valve, in case of a power failure, will stay open,
- normally closed valve, in case of a power failure, will stay closed.
- iPhone or iPad,
- Home hub (Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad),
- FIBARO for HomeKit Devices app,
- FIBARO Flood Sensor (FGBHFS-101),
- FIBARO Single Switch (FGBHS-213) or any other HomeKit-enabled switch,
- 2-way normally open or normally closed solenoid valve (100-240V AC).
- Open the Fibaro for HomeKit app and tap Scenes.
- To create a new automation, tap the plus symbol in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Automation.
- Tap Devices.
- Choose Flood Sensor.
- Select Leak detection, Specific change, to Yes. Tap Next to continue.
- Now skip the if condition and tap Next without choosing any conditions.
- Tap Create New Scene to create the action which will be executed after leak detection.
- Tap Valve.
- Select Power State and:
– set to if you have a normally closed solenoid valve,
– set to if you have a normally open solenoid valve.
Then, tap Add.
- Finish the scene by tapping Next.
- Verify the scene summary and tap Next again.
- Name the scene and tap Save.
- Select the newly created scene by tapping its name. Tap Next to continue to the automation configuration.
- Verify the summary of the whole automation and tap Next.
- Choose the name for your new automation and tap Save.
- You can see your newly created automation under the AUTOMATIONS bar. Its subtitle includes the number of devices and scenes which are involved in this automation.