Table of contents
- Amazon Echo or Alexa device,
- Home Center 3, Home Center 3 Lite, Yubii Home or Home Center 2/Lite (with firmware 4.130 or newer),
- FIBARO ID account,
- PC or Mac conneced to the Internet.
Regional accessibility and supported languages
- English (US, UK, Canada, India),
- French (France, Canada),
- German (Germany),
- Italian (Italy),
- Portuguese (Brasil),
- Spanish (Spain, Mexico, US).
Enabling FIBARO Smart Home skill
- Open Amazon Alexa mobile app.
- Tap Devices on the bottom menu.
- At the bottom of the screen tap YOUR SMART HOME SKILLS.
- Tap ENABLE SMART HOME SKILLS.
- Tap looking glass and search for “FIBARO smart home”.
- Select FIBARO Smart Home Skill.
- Tap ENABLE TO USE.
- Log in with FIBARO ID account with added Home Center gateway.
- Go back to the Alexa app.
- Smart Home skill will be added, tap Discover devices.
List of supported features
The list of devices connected to the FIBARO Home Center, which can be controlled using Alexa smart home features:
|Type||More info||Function||Home Center 2
Home Center Lite
|Home Center 3
Home Center 3 Lite
|Lights||Devices set as light||Turn ON/OFF
Set level x
|Turn ON/OFF devices||Switches, plugs that are not set as light||Turn ON/OFF||YES||YES|
|Shutters||Shutters, blinds, gates, garage doors||Open/Close
Set level x
|Nice devices||Shutters, blinds, gates, garage doors using FLOR/OPERA||Open/Close||–||YES|
Ask if locked/unlocked
|RGBW||FIBARO RGBW / RGBW 2||Turn ON/OFF
Set level x
Set color x
|Door/window sensors||Ask if opened||YES||YES|
|Temperature sensors||Ask what is the temperature||NO||YES|
|Heating zones||Set temperature x
|Magic scenes||Run scene x||YES*||–|
|Block scenes||Run scene x||YES*||YES*|
|Lua scenes||Run scene x||NO||NO|
|Quick Apps||Quick Apps with supported type||Depends on type and role||–||YES**|
* Only if does not include not supported security device type
** Only when set as one of the supported device types
You will find examples of commands here.
Can I control multiple Home Center gateways?
Not at the same time. You can change which gateway is used in Alexa by activating it as default integration gateway at home.fibaro.com.
Alternatively, if you have multiple FIBARO ID accounts you can create Alexa Household Profile and switch between user profiles with FIBARO ID account assigned to each.
The discovery interface describes messages used to identify the endpoints associated with the user’s device account.
Endpoints are the devices associated with the user account and the capabilities the skill supports for them. The endpoints field is subject to size limits.
The discovery interface has the following limits for each user:
- Maximum number of endpoints — 300
- Maximum number of capabilities for each endpoint — 100
- Maximum payload size for AddOrUpdateReport event — 256 kilobytes (KB)
Note: If scenes are not visible in the application, ensure that the maximum number of endpoints is not reached.