Table of contents
FIBARO ID is an account that allows you to use many FIBARO services with one profile. When you join the FIBARO ID account with your Alexa account you allow us to share data about your Home (devices connected to the Home Center) with Amazon. This data sharing is necessary so that Amazon is able to provide Alexa services.
- Amazon Echo or Alexa device,
- FIBARO Home Center 3 or Home Center 2/Lite (with firmware 4.130 or newer),
- FIBARO ID account,
- PC or Mac conneced to the Internet.
Regional accessibility and supported languages
- English (US, UK, Canada, India),
- French (France, Canada),
- German (Germany),
- Italian (Italy),
- Portuguese (Brasil),
- Spanish (Spain, Mexico, US).
FIBARO Smart Home Skill provides a simple way for you to enable Alexa voice interaction to control and check the status of your FIBARO System.
Enabling FIBARO Smart Home skill
- Open Amazon Alexa mobile app.
- Tap Devices on the bottom menu.
- At the bottom of the screen tap YOUR SMART HOME SKILLS.
- Tap ENABLE SMART HOME SKILLS.
- Tap looking glass and search for “FIBARO smart home”.
- Select FIBARO Smart Home Skill.
- Tap ENABLE TO USE.
- Log in with FIBARO ID account with added Home Center gateway.
- Go back to the Alexa app.
- Smart Home skill will be added, tap Discover devices.
List of supported features
The list of devices connected to the FIBARO Home Center, which can be controlled using Alexa smart home features:
|Type||More info||Function||Home Center 2/Lite||Home Center 3|
|Lights||Devices set as light||Turn ON/OFF
Set level x
|Turn ON/OFF devices||Switches, plugs that are not set as light||Turn ON/OFF||YES||YES|
|Shutters||Shutters, blinds, gates, garage doors||Open/Close
Set level x
|Nice devices||Shutters, blinds, gates, garage doors using FLOR/OPERA||Open/Close||–||YES|
Ask if locked/unlocked
|RGBW||FIBARO RGBW / RGBW 2||Turn ON/OFF
Set level x
Set color x
|Door/window sensors||Ask if opened||YES||YES|
|Temperature sensors||Ask what is the temperature||NO||YES|
|Heating zones||Set temperature x
|Magic scenes||Run scene x||YES*||YES*|
|Block scenes||Run scene x||YES*||YES*|
|Lua scenes||Run scene x||NO||NO|
|Quick Apps||Quick Apps with supported type||Depends on type and role||–||YES**|
* Only if does not include not supported security device type
** Only when set as one of the supported device types
You will find examples of commands here.
Can I control multiple Home Center gateways?
Not at the same time. You can change which gateway is used in Alexa by activating it as default integration gateway at home.fibaro.com.
Alternatively, if you have multiple FIBARO ID accounts you can create Alexa Household Profile and switch between user profiles with FIBARO ID account assigned to each.