FIBARO Home Center 2 is a strong and powerful, yet accessible home automation controller.
Home Center 2 allows managing your intelligent home via user-friendly interface and wireless communication.
In this article you’ll get to know how your Android mobile phone can help you connect your gateway, update your controller’s software, set an alarm code, localization and add Z-Wave device or IP camera.
- FIBARO Home Center 2,
- FIBARO Android application,
- Android phone,
- Router connected to the Internet.
Step-by-step installation and configuration
- Open FIBARO App on your mobile phone. If you don’t have it, you can download it from Play Store.
- You can Connect to the previously configured gateway or configure a new one.
- Tap Configure to set up a new FIBARO Network.
- Now you can create a new FIBARO ID account. If you are a new user, it is recommended to set up a new account.
- You can also skip this step and go forward by taping OK.
- Select your gateway. Tap Home Center Lite.
- Follow the instruction and set up your Home Center 2.
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the same network as your Home Center Lite. Tap NEXT to continue.
- Select your device from the list.
- Now you can start your configuration. Tap NEXT to continue.
- Fill in your credentials in required forms. Tap NEXT to continue.
- Check your e-mail, enter verification code and tap NEXT to continue.
- When all required data has been entered, tap NEXT to continue.
- Firmware update is the next step of the process. Tap NEXT to continue.
- You can move to next step – setting the alarm. Tap NEXT to continue.
- The next step is alarm configuration. You can configure alarm now or do it later.
Tap yes to configure alarm now.
- Set the PIN code for FIBARO Alarm.
- When the PIN code is set, the next step is setting the location of your home.
- Name your Home Center 2.
- Now your network is set and ready to use.
- If your HC2 is set, next step allows you add a Z-Wave device or a camera to your network.
You can also skip this step and go straight to application. You don’t have to hurry – devices can be added later.
- If you want to connect a Z-Wave device or an IP camera now, tap NEXT.
- You can tap Add Camera or Add Device.
Tap Add device button to connect a Z-Wave device.
- To Add your device follow steps described in the manual.
- To add a camera select camera model and follow further instructions.
- After successful adding devices FIBARO Home Center is ready to use.