What is it?
Proper configuration of the Z-Wave network ensures reliable operation of your smart home.
Even though the default settings are mostly appropriate, our Z-Wave controllers allows to perform some valuable actions (described further below).
This window allows to:
- check which version of Z-Wave chip firmware your Home Center operates on,
- set devices polling time interval expressed in seconds (frequency in which controller connects with devices),
- see total amount of devices connected to the controller,
- enable polling dead devices (sampling the status of dead Z-Wave devices by a controller at intervals),
- disable marking nodes as dead (when devices are not communicating back to the controller).
Changing any options in that section is recommended to perform only by advanced users.
Where to find it?
Configure all devices again
This option enables reconfiguration of all non-battery operated devices which are connected to the controller. Full reconfiguration is done by deleting and adding devices to the Z-Wave network. ID, parameters and devices custom settings (name, room, section, associations) will be lost, as well as their display order.
Reset energy metering
Discards all cumulated measurements (kWh) in devices which measure electricity consumption. All of the historic data will remain only in Home Center interface.
Removes all the Z-Wave devices from the controller’s memory, but the other data (cameras, virtual devices, users) remains unchanged. Scenes will be still visible, but those which used Z-Wave devices will not work anymore.
Mesh network reconfiguration
Reconfiguration of mesh network enables to find the most efficient connection between the devices in the network. Whole operation can take some time to perform (up to few hours). In each device reconfiguration starts after waking up.
Broadcasts “Node Information” frame
Gateway sends note information frame. Node information frame is part of the Z-Wave protocol that describes possibilities of the node. This information include the node type, whether the node is able to repeat frames, and other important data about the protocol. It also contains data about Home ID and Node ID.