In some cases you don’t want to turn on every device separately, especially when some of them always work together (for example as room lighting and TV or room lighting and desk lamp). With this association you can make them start and turn off together.
- PC or Mac,
- FIBARO Home Center Lite or Home Center 2,
- FIBARO Dimmer 2,
- At least one FIBARO Wall Plug.
After pressing the wall switch to turn on the light, the TV will turn on automatically. Pressing the wall switch to turn off will also turn off the TV.
- Log in to your Home Center through the web browser.
- Select Devices from the top menu and find your FIBARO Dimmer 2.
- Go to the device settings by clicking the icon
- Go to Advanced tab, find Associations section and click Setting Associations button.
- Find 2nd Association Group (assigned to switch no. 1 – sends BASIC command class frame according to the state of the device – ON or OFF) and click it.
- Find Wall Plug on the list and tick it in the S column.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you don’t know which group is assigned to which function read more about it in User Manual – Associations.
- Associations work only with physical buttons – running them from the Home Center interface is not possible.
- Most Z-wave devices allows for controlling 5 regular and 5 multichannel devices per an association group. It is not recommended to associate more than 10 devices in general, as the response time to control commands depends on the number of associated devices. In extreme cases, system response may be delayed.